Feb 21, 2013

Pizza Balls

I'm a total sucker for anything pizza or pasta related. It's one of my BIGGEST weaknesses. So when I found this pin, I couldn't resist. I've made them three times in the past two months. Don't judge. But when they are as easy as they are to make, and my little 2 year old loves them just as much as I do, why not? Maybe it's because I love the way she gets so excited and says: "PIZZA BALLS!!!" 

This is also a great meal to take in to people, add a salad and ya got a nice little meal! I had a friend who recently had surgery that I told I would bring a meal into. I always hate trying to think of something, because I'm worried I'm going to bring the same thing they had the previous night from another friend or neighbor. This happens a lot. When I had my second child, we got potato soup brought in THREE times in ONE week!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the thought, but my husband and I probably wont be eating potato soup for quite some time now. So anyway, this little dish is a creative spin on the usual dinner dish. Give it a try!!
Pizza Balls
2 cans Pillsbury Biscuits
1 small brick cheddar cheese (cut into small cubes)
1 pkg pepperoni
1 egg
grated Parmesan cheese
garlic powder
Italian seasoning
1 jar pizza sauce

Flatten biscuits, stack pepperoni and cubed cheese like a sandwich in middle of biscuit. Fold sides into center. Place balls in greased 9x13 pan. Beat egg and brush onto balls. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and seasoning. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Dip in pizza sauce. 

*I've also switched it up before and made a Hawaiin version. Substitute pepperoni for Canadian bacon, and add pineapple tidbits. I also am going to try mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar next time. 




1 comment:

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Okay, you have to bring me another dinner now since you didn't bring me these delicious, scrumptious looking things! ;)

Love ya girl!